Sunday, March 14, 2010
"Mirtazapine is a promising agent for the treatment of CRCA."
The effect of primary cytoreduction on outcomes of patients with FIGO stage IIIC ovarian cancer stratified by the initial tumor burden in the upper abdomen cephalad to the great omentum
The effect of primary cytoreduction on outcomes of patients with FIGO stage IIIC ovarian cancer stratified by the initial tumor burden in the upper abdomen cephalad to the greater omentum.
definition: cephalad ceph·a·lad (sěf'ə-lād') adv. Toward the head or anterior section.
- Canadian Residents only, please direct all Billing inquiries to
Low probability of malignancy <5.0
High probability of malignancy ≥5.0
Low probability of malignancy <4.4
High probability of malignancy ≥4.4
The OVA1™ Test is an aid to further assess the likelihood that ovarian malignancy is present when the physician's independent clinical and radiological evaluation does not indicate malignancy.
The OVA1 test uses results of 5 biomarkers (β2-microglobulin, apolipoprotein A1, CA 125, transferrin, transthyretin [prealbumin]) to generate a single numerical score between 0 and 10 that indicates the likelihood of malignancy.
The OVA1 test was validated using a blood sample from 269 women, 72 of whom had a pathology-determined malignancy. When pre-surgical assessment was combined with results from the OVA1 test, the following results were concluded:
- Sensitivity for malignancy increased by 20% from 72% to 92% In all women, and as high as 96%in postmenopausal women,
- Approximately 70% of the malignancies missed by pre-surgical assessment alone were identified by OVA1
- A high negative predictive value (NPV-93%) strengthened the prediction that cancer is absent
- NPV was similar in pre- and postmenopausal women."