Clear cell carcinomas of the ovary: a mono-institutional study of 73 cases in China...... Ovarian Cancer and Us OVARIAN CANCER and US Ovarian Cancer and Us

Blog Archives: Nov 2004 - present

#ovariancancers



Special items: Ovarian Cancer and Us blog best viewed in Firefox

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Clear cell carcinomas of the ovary: a mono-institutional study of 73 cases in China......



open access:
Clear cell carcinomas of the ovary: a mono-institutional study of 73 cases in China with an analysis of the prognostic significance of clinicopathological parameters and IMP3 expression
 

IMP3 immunohistochemical staining and survival

Forty-six of the 73 cases (63 %) showed positive IMP3 expression (Fig. 2a and 2b), and the remaining 27 cases (37 %) were IMP3 negative.
 The importance of IMP3 expression in the female reproductive system is controversial. One study suggested that IMP3 was a prognostic marker in metastatic ovarian cancer [35], Kobel et al. suggested that IMP3 expression was an independent indicator of a poor ovarian CCC prognosis [12], and Noske et al. suggested that IMP3 expression was a marker of a good prognosis in ovarian cancer (including serous carcinoma and non-serous carcinoma) [15]. No further reports regarding IMP3 as a prognostic biomarker have been published. ...
 Conclusion
In conclusion, we demonstrated that tumor stage and IMP3 expression are prognostic indicator in ovarian CCC. IMP3 overexpression is a potential marker of poor prognosis for ovarian CCC, even in stage I. More studies are required to further clarify the mechanism of IMP3 expression and its significance in ovarian CCC

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments?